- Feasibility study, market analysis & business plan
- Site Analysis
- Cost Estimate
- Local & regional based sports complex
- Community redevelopment effort to leverage existing entertainment assets and spur sports tourism to the City of Branson
Johnson Consulting and Crawford Architects were hired by the City of Branson to provide market feasibility analysis, site analysis, and planning and cost estimating consulting services related to the potential development of sports facilities in the City of Branson.
The need for the study arose from the decline of the once thriving theater market in Branson. City officials set out to identify Branson’s assets and how to leverage them to help redevelop the City and diversify its visitor profile. After realizing the existing Branson RecPlex was one of its greatest assets, City officials sought to find ways to utilize the existing hospitality and entertainment resources to grow sports tourism in Branson. As the City and community consider potential facilities, the following questions need to be addressed:
- Market and Needs Assessment: Do local and regional demographics support such a facility in the marketplace? Which existing and proposed venues will the facility or facilities compete with, or complement? Who will utilize the facility and what are their needs, desires and expectations? What is the overall market potential of the proposed facility? How will the facility impact the surrounding community?
- Facility Program, Site, Cost & Development Plan: What size should the facility be? What are the best sites? What physical attributes should the facility have? What is the facility’s optimal configuration to capitalize on the market trends and ensure flexible use of space? What site options are most appropriate for this project and what is the broader development potential of its adjacent neighborhood? What are the costs of the proposed facility and what is the market based development priorities? Also, programmatically, what facility elements need to be provided in terms of number and types of surfaces, amenities, locker rooms and revenue generation components?
- Operations and financing: How will the facility operate from a tournament programming, demand and financial perspective, as well as from a management and business-planning standpoint? Will it be a publically or privately owned facility? How will facility development be funded and what is the potential for non-traditional revenue streams like corporate partnerships, sponsorship and advertising.