- Evaluated replacement of the current convention center
- Held workshops among Government Officials
- Analyzed and developed a funding mechanism
- Prepared Facility recommendations
C.H. Johnson Consulting staff members worked with local officials on a “Flash Advisory” consulting assignment regarding the viability and funding of a new convention center in El Salvador. The session involved the following:
- Prepared a comprehensive assessment of the market requirements and solutions
- Developed consensus regarding facilities and funding mechanism
- Adopted policy framework that can survive administration changes
- Established tourism plan as a source of demand from meetings business.
- Created recommendations regarding a convention and visitors bureau to facilitate direct sales and non-facility services coordination
- Prepared strategic plan identifying logical funding mechanisms, and best practices
The current convention center/fairgrounds/amphitheater is obsolete and needs to be replaced. Unique to this market and untested in Latin America is our suggested use of a sales tax Tax Increment Financing mechanism to help fund the center and possibly an arena. The Consulting team is now serving as advisor to the El Salvadorian Government and is working to continue to develop and execute the long range plan.